Paramedic Association of Canada (PAC) Membership
The Paramedic Services Chiefs of Saskatchewan (PSCS) is proud to partner with the Paramedic Association of Canada (PAC) and manage the Paramedic Association of Canada (PAC) Saskatchewan Chapter.
The Paramedic Association of Canada (PAC) is comprised of over 20,000 paramedics from coast to coast. The Association is a national organization of prehospital practitioners that exists to promote quality and professional patient care through working relationships among organizations with similar interests. Protection of the public and development of the profession in the public interest is the foundation.
To become a PAC member:
- Fill out the attached application form below.
- Mail, or email, the application form to PSCS
Paramedic Services Chiefs of Saskatchewan
RPO Box 32062 Erindale Saskatoon, SK S7S 1N8
Membership into PAC through the Saskatchewan Chapter is managed by PSCS; you do not require a PSCS membership to participate. PAC membership is open to any licensed paramedic professional in Saskatchewan.
One of the key benefits of membership with PAC includes access to a Professional Liability Insurance Program underwritten by MARSH Canada that offers coverage at competitive rates for licensed paramedic professionals. The Marsh Program includes Disciplinary Legal Expense, Criminal Defense Reimbursement, Loss of Earnings Coverage, Coroner’s Inquest Coverage, Cyber Security and Privacy Misconduct Coverage, Sexual Abuse Counselling, Territorial Coverage, and Student and Pro-Bono Legal Advice. As a self-regulated professional, it is important that you review your coverage and ensure that you have adequate protection in place.
Paramedic Association of Canada (PAC) Membership Benefits
The purpose of PAC is to represent the practitioners on a national level. It accomplishes this goal through cooperative consensus building.
- Advancement of the profession and its representation and advocacy throughout Canada, across the full spectrum of policy areas and practices.
- Furthering the vision of recognizing paramedicine in primary health care as a vital component of the publicly funded health system.
- Provision of comprehensive professional liability (“errors and omissions”) for highly competitive rates - $59 per year through an agreement with Marsh Canada.
- Affinity insurance programs and services (home and auto, health benefits, etc.); access to discounted group insurance - home, automobile, pet, travel, life, critical illness, etc.
- An informative website and weekly electronic newsletters dealing with Canadian developments.
- The website includes links to provincial Chapters, paramedic partner agencies, employers, publications and international affiliations.
- Maintenance and redevelopment of the National Occupational Competency Profile NOCP—into the Canadian Paramedic Framework and many dozens of components.
- Collaboration with the Society for Prehospital Educators in Canada in the education of paramedics and with the Paramedic Chiefs of Canada to further the profession.
- The Emergency Medical Services Research Agenda; Collaboration on national research initiatives to develop best practice guidelines.
- Support for the development and implementation of a national registration entry to practice examination.
- The Paramedic Association of Canada Benevolent Fund was established to provide financial support and access to scholarship funds for families of members of the national community of Paramedic Practitioners who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
- Development of the paramedic national database.
- Weekly employment postings across the country.